14 September 2012

Fuzzy family member

Can you keep a secret?  I'm taking a little time away from studying for tests and running statistical analyses today to write a short blog post (in a desperate attempt to get back into regular posting patterns).

I really want to share with you all a fluffy ball of happiness that has recently entered my life.

This is Mattie:


Ever since I found out I was moving into an apartment that allows pets, I became very excited that I might finally realize my long-held aspirations of becoming a crazy cat lady!

My family has always either taken in strays or adopted from the shelter, not that I have anything against people who prefer breeders, I just believe there are so many unloved animals out there, why not take in one in need?


The wonderful people at the local humane society immediately pointed me towards Mattie when I mentioned that I wanted an adult kitty.  Everyone in the office loved her (her bed was in the main office) and wanted to see her placed in a loving home.

Needless to say, I fell in love with this 13 pound fluffball immediately because she loves people and is the most affectionate cat I have ever met.


She makes a great study buddy and will sit out on the patio with me.

Her other hobbies include:
- trying to eat bees
- sleeping on my head at night
- spazzing out and doing little burnouts when something excites her
- spreading litter through the entire apartment
- purring at me affectionately when I come home from work

Now for what you are all probably wondering, yes, she does like to attack yarn, but only when I'm knitting with it, naturally.

I'm so lucky to have found the perfect pet and I'm looking forward to many happy years with her.

Linked to Caturday, an excellent meme by Tanya at Tanya Today!

29 comments:

  1. she looks just like my daughters cat. I can't imagine life without a cat, such good company. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh she's lovely! I love fluffy cats :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's how we ended up with our first dog, Trinket. We went to see an apartment and found out they allowed pets, so my husband said, "we should have a little dog." The rest was history. Enjoy your yarn attacker :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet! Lucky you, and lucky Mattie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mattie is so cute! I totally get how wonderful having a cat can be. I am glad you found a fuzzy new family member.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! She's very, very pretty. You two will have a great life together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH yay! She is so cute and sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mattie is gorgeous and she's lucky to be living with you! Enjoy these early days of bonding ... although I have to say that she looks completely settled in! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh she's gorgeous! I think you need to start participating in Caturday ;)

    http://omlair.blogspot.com.au/search/label/Caturday

    ReplyDelete
  10. AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! Life is so much more fun with furry little buddies in it!!! I'm worried about her trying to eat bees though....:-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. She looks purrrrrrrfect : ) Call me a Crazy Cat Lady too- I know i hope to never have to live without the company of a cat.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mattie looks gorgeous. We got an adult kitty too, and I think it's nice know what sort of cat you are getting rather than guessing based on kitten cuteness.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! Mattie is beautiful! I'm sure you'll have many happy years together.

    ReplyDelete
  14. aww Mattie is beautiful. I am so glad you found her. She seems positively adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on your new fur kid. She's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that second picture. She's doing the "rub my chest" pose that Scooter is so fond of. And I got a good chuckle out of her hobbies. Looks like you found a great pet!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adorable! How wonderful that she has adjusted so well to the new place and being surrounded by yarn :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aww shes so cute! Congrats on your start to becoming a crazy cat lady ;]

    ReplyDelete
  19. yaaayyy! thanks for joining in!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  20. She looks wonderful. Our first cat was black as well! So beautiful ...

    It looks she's got a bit of Maine Coone in her, right?
    Good luck with your studies!

    Love,
    Julia :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a lovely addition to your family. She is just beautifull! Look forward to more post about her.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Welcome to the crazy cat lady club! I adopted sisters many years ago so they could keep each other company while I was traveling and have enjoyed them every day. One is all black but she is a short hair. How exciting for you! Welcome Mattie.

    ReplyDelete
  23. She's beautiful! I'm so happy that you found her and gave her a home. Our Samson is a shelter pet too. He was in a kill shelter so I had to bring him home. I will have another one eventually. Congrats on the new apartment and on your new furry family member!

    ReplyDelete
  24. How sweet she looks.
    Congrats must be wonderful to have her welcome you home.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  25. A house is not a home without a kitty in it! Hooray for adopting the beautiful Mattie. I hope you have many wonderful years together. I expect that we'll see her helping with projects and pictures in the future!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love your cat! Such personality!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Best of luck with Mattie! And good on you for adopting an adult cat. They need love, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!