01 September 2011

Spinning with self dyed fiber is a marvelous thing.

Here is my latest spinning creation.  I've been a little slow with my spinning and knitting lately because I have been enjoying the last week of summer vacation before I start the second to last semester of my undergraduate career (!). Somehow I still managed to finish spinning up some lovely BFL.


  • Spun August 2011 
  • Fiber: 100% BFL Wool (The Woolery)
  • Colors: Self-dyed with Jacquard Acid Dyes
  • Spindle: Schacht 3" Hi-Lo drop spindle (2.2 oz.) 
  • 2 Skeins, each: 2 ply, ~50.4 yards, 4 oz., 11 WPI (DK (3))

I somehow managed to dye and then spin this fiber into two separate dye lots.  I'm thinking that maybe I added more vinegar to one of my stock dyes, but I'm not sure. They both look great though and I think that they will make a wonderful knitted project for someone on Ravelry's RAK board. 

2 comments:

  1. love. Love. LOVE. LOVE! This is beautiful and now I have to try something besides those basic colors Kool Aid provides! You inspire me so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look amazing - I love how the colours work together :)So pretty

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!