I've been tagged by Ness (Bunnies and Bettas) and Tanya (Tanya Today) to tell you all five things about myself. I don't usually take part in memes like this, but I think it is a fun way of getting to know people better!
1. I was unschooled (not homeschooled, there is a difference!) until high school, when I left home and went 1,260 miles away to Maryland to go to boarding school. I didn't like it for the reasons all boarders complain about: bad food, having your math teacher living right down the hall to make sure you aren't talking during study hall, having to call your mother to get permission to leave campus, and no boys. But I received a great education and am so grateful I had the opportunity to go.
2. My favorite thing in the world has to be lavender, I love everything having to do with it. The scent, the color, how beautiful the plants are, baked goods made of it. I daydream about having a garden with only lavender.
3. I absolutely love film, getting to go to the little independent theatre down the street is always a highlight of the week. My favorite directors are: Wes Anderson, David Lynch, Park Chan-Wook, the Coen brothers, Hayao Miyazaki, and Stanley Kubrick.
4. I identify as a secular humanist, I realize this might put some people off, but it is such a huge part of my identity that it is worth mentioning. I think that most of the controversy is due to lack of understanding, you'll find that in general we are very nice, normal people just like everyone else.
5. I have been vegetarian (ovo-lacto) for almost four years now, after two years of only eating free-range, grass fed meat. I love veggies and fruit so much that I don't miss meat, except for bacon, but they make "fakon" (fake bacon) which is dangerously good.
I wish I could tag everyone because I really want to know more about all of you (just say that I linked you and write a post anyway? Please?). So I just picked the people who came to mind.
1. Lisa (Wicked Artsy)
2. Julie (Julie Rose Sews)
3. Sue (Granny's World)
4. Lou lou (Creatingwithwool)
5. Sava (Sava Stitch)
Now I'll reward you for sticking with me with a photo of "dead kitty":
She looks harmless enough with a cute pose and fluffy belly exposed, but note the tail movement. It's a trap, the second you walk by she attacks, runs away, and then promptly falls asleep. I wish I knew what was going on in her head.