11 September 2013

Business trips are

It's been a little while since I've said hello, predictably life has become even more busy than I could ever imagine and I haven't been able to keep up with my favorite people!

I have been reading posts when I have a spare moment, and I'm obviously not the only person who has been busy.  I've been seeing so many inspirational finished projects and Audry has finished her book of patterns (which is even more amazing than I ever could have envisioned).

I'm currently on my way to Boston for a business trip.  It is a stressful time for a trip, I'm having to leave my experiments in the hands of someone else for a few days.  But it does give me some time to check in!

I've been knitting, spinning, and crocheting for at least a few moments every day, it's what keeps me sane after all.

My favorite project to work on is currently my scrap yarn granny blanket, I'm definitely getting better at crochet.


I've been knitting with some soft alpaca handspun.  This is going to be a warm hat for a friend. 


Mostly my life has been consumed with work.  My project is massive and I have a lot of responsibilities, but I'm constantly learning new skills and it is honestly a dream come true.  If you are at all interested in my work, we just had a press conference and reporters descended on the labs.  I was excited to get to show off my new microscope (which has lasers, I'll have you know) to several film crews. '


I hope you are all well, I hope to be around more now that things have slowed down a little bit.



21 comments:

  1. Cute squares. The hat looks so soft and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are alive and busy! Thanks for the quick update. Your squares look great. Happy stitching to your blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you back. Your work looks so interesting, no wonder you find it so all consuming. Your square are coming on well. I hope to get on to making some once my list of knitting request goes down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice to hear from you!

    amazing work you're doing! really inspiring! good you're getting the craft tiem in though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay, you're alive! i was starting to worry ;)
    your work sounds amazing! a handspun alpaca hat and granny squares sound like a good way to take your mind off your work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those grannies are so pretty! I love them. Pretty cool about your lab, lasers are epically cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wishng you a safe trip to Boston.

    The grannies and the hat are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been thinking about you! I know how demanding Ye Olde PhD can be (from the point of view of the spouse) so I'm not the least surprised you haven't had time for blogging. But I'm really glad you've still had some time for fiber, and that you had a moment to say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what an interesting job you have! Someday, I'll be able to say, "I knew someone who helped test that technology." Kudos to you and the entire team of researchers!

    Love all of your fiber projects, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you are well and that work has been exciting for you! Congrats on getting on the news. I love how your squares are coming out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well if you have a job that involves lasers, you obviously have the best job ever. I'm glad to see you are still playing with yarn on occasion too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice to hear from you! I'm thinking of taking a class at Stitches to learn how to do a granny blanket; your's looks great! Enjoy Boston and stop by the Union Oyster House for a good seafood meal!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey! I was thinking about you the other day. Glad all is well - your work sounds exciting :)
    Sounds like your finding some balance despite being busy - that's what it's all about ... I'm rather in awe of your alpaca spinning. I tried alpaca recently and it was HARD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have a safe and enjoyable business trip! Lots of success in your projects! Love your scrap yarn crochet project too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I figured you'd be off doing something important when we didn't hear from you in a while, but a microscope with lasers....WOW....I'm impressed! The only laser I have is in a cat toy for Lilly Bean which is pretty awesome as well. I can certainly rest a little easier knowing that we have smart young people like you out there keeping us a step ahead of things. That's very important and I'm sure very interesting work. Your crocheting is looking great too. Good for you making sure you keep up with the needle work at the end of the day. It's the perfect way to relax after a busy work day.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice to see you post again, hope you get some time to enjoy something cool there in Boston. Hopefully work will slow down so you can breath. Travel safe, glad you're enjoying the crocheting and the knitting...what a great way to stay sane.
    I'm Listening">

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've missed you! I'm glad you are keeping busy with all the things you love, though. :) Your work sounds fascinating! Good luck and remember to take many knitting breaks!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Checking back in, been wayyyyyyyyyy too long since you've been around. Though I've popped in multiple times, I haven't been leaving comments...waiting on a new post from you; but thought I'd go ahead and leave another comment today. Hope you're ok, sing out when you're back in blog land.

    Sandy's Space, Little Red Riding Hood

    ReplyDelete
  19. I feel you on the busy thing! Your granny squares are the cutest thing, I am so jealous I want to learn to crotchet so badly! Good luck with your work, it sounds likes you are doing amazing things!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I was away for a long time too and we can't always govern outside priorities. I am glad to be back but sorry to see that you not able to post as often. Hope you can come back soon. B x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hope you find your way back to here soon! I just meandered back myself, and was sad that there was no lovely long archive of posts to catch up on from your corner of the blogosphere...

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!