17 October 2011

The project that dragged on and on and on...

It is finally complete and I'm very surprised to say that I love, love, love it.  I proudly wear many of my knit creations (those that I don't end up spontaneously gifting to people), but this particular project feels like one of those favorite outfit additions that will always live on in my closet.



The reason this took so ridiculously long to complete is because I have this irrational hatred for projects with mostly garter stitch.  I need a stitch pattern to keep things interesting or it will always be the project I put aside. Also, this pattern features ribbing (shudder).  But the pattern Mara by MadelineTosh, is wonderfully simple and makes for a lovable finished product.

I've talked about the yarn here before, Tosca Light (Lang Yarns).  It was another reason why I had some trouble with this project.  The colorway is so beautiful that I have yet to take a photograph that can show the colors properly.  However, it is partially acrylic, which I don't enjoy knitting with most of the time.



Hooray for FO!

4 comments:

  1. LOVE!
    You look good in it too, which helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoop, whoop! Great that you finished this lovely shawl -- funnily enough, Mara has been on my queue for quite a while now. I know what you mean about garter stitch but I do think that sometimes a mindless project can be really relaxing. Enjoy this great accessory (it looks great on you!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gorgeous! I feel you when it comes to boring stitch patterns for way too long. Sure, they are great for mindless knitting, but often I want something detailed enough where I need my mind one what I'm working on.

    I ♥ the Mara pattern though, especially how she uses different types of ribbing for it. Yours turned out so nice! :D

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!