07 November 2011

Finally a FO!

November is always one of those crazy months that flies by all too quickly.  Classes really pick up and Thanksgiving is near the end, which means flying home commercially (the horror!).  This November also got off to a strange, particularly rushed and stressful start due to the power outage that brought Massachusetts down last weekend.

So, November is particularly difficult for my knitting ethic.  However, once it started getting cold out, I decided that I needed some new fingerless gloves.  Even better, I wanted to actually use some of my handspun for them!  Two days later I was able to proudly wear these!


I improvised these fingerless gloves in a basic ribbing pattern, which worked really well with some bulky wool handspun I finished a few weeks ago. 

This is the first spin-to-knit project that I have ever actually liked as a finished product.  I've already gotten several compliments on them and I only finished them hours ago!

I'm also one of those crazy people that once I finish a project I HAVE to wear it as soon as I can (sometimes I don't even weave in the ends before I wear it because I'm so excited!).  I do block my projects eventually, but not until I take exhaustive photos and dance around with glee.  Today was certainly one of those occasions.

4 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to make a pair of fingerless gloves with Scotland yarn for awhile now, but time just slipped away from me. These are amazing by the way :) I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm impressed. Your ability to spin-to-knit is wonderful and I don't think you're crazy at all! I, too, HAVE to wear my knitted goodies once I'm done binding off (even when the FO is meant to be for someone else). Hey, I have to give them a trial run, don't I? : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. those are very pretty, I really love the colors!!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!