20 November 2011

Infinity Cowl Forever

This month has been packed with lengthy assignments, 7-8 hour lab days, and PhD level graduate school applications, but somehow I've been able to find some time to knit.

Considering how busy I've been I actually finished this infinity scarf fairly quickly!  I think it's because I knit when I'm super stressed.

I also must apologize for my crazy photos right now.  I cannot figure out the best light conditions in this dorm room and often don't have the time to mess with it a whole lot.  I also really need a better lens.


I'm not only excited by how wonderful this scarf looks, but by the fact that I was able to use up some yarn that I didn't really like that has been sitting around for a while.

The yarn is Berroco Peruvia in the most beautiful green color.  It is a single ply, worsted weight, 100% Peruvian Highland Wool, which means that it is a little scratchy but very warm.  I tried to knit up two projects in this yarn before now and I really didn't like knitting with it at the time and it also didn't look great with those particular patterns.  My big problems were that it was single ply and curled up on itself, was splitty, and was scratchy.

The pattern used is 5th Avenue Infinity Scarf by Margaux Hufnagel and I must say that it is the perfect pattern for this yarn.  I don't think that I will ever knit a straight scarf ever again because I love the infinity scarf concept so much better.  You can also see from the picture below that this scarf really needs a serious blocking.



Is there anything more wonderful than finishing a scarf right when it starts to get really cold outside?

5 comments:

  1. Very cute! You look wonderful in that color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow what a stunning green!! your knitting is beautiful!..in answer to your question i use my iphone and my Nikon D7000 to take pictures :)
    thanks for taking the time to comment on my post xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a beautiful cowl/scarf, even if you don't block it! I love the color. And your pictures still kick my pictures butt, and I have a whole apartment to take good pictures in...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you ... I love the circular cowl construct and find it hard to go back to plain straight scarves. Great choice in pattern, yarn, and color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the pictures, the colour is quite saturated but it looks great that way. The cowl came out super! that yarn is great...

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!