11 January 2012

Fiber Review -- January 11th

I've gotten a lot done so far this winter break!  Most of all I have experimenting a lot and going outside of my comfort zone to try new things.

I'm still trying to decide exactly what I want this blog to look like and what sorts of content I want to include.  So, for a while I want to try a bi-weekly fiber update, starting with today.

I've finished several goals for my Fiber Goals for 2012 these last two weeks:

I completed my first spin-to-knit project, some toasty socks for my wonderful mother:

I dyed yarn with black tea to produce a surprisingly gorgeous color:

Secret Spiral Cowl - My first attempt at designing a pattern


These last few days I have also finished some projects and started some new ones:

I unraveled a thrift store sweater, which turned out to be a huge disaster:

Spun some single ply merino wool:

I feel pretty productive, but then again I'm off classes until the end of the month and I'm hundreds of miles away from my lab.  Once I get back to college, most of my free time will disappear mysteriously.

5 comments:

  1. Even though you said you don't like Merino, I think it's pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really rethinking my dislike of plain Merino. This stuff is so bouncy!

      Delete
  2. And to think it's only the 11th day of the brand new year. What wonderful work and creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks wonderful!! Those socks look toasty-warm, and I'll bet your mother adores them. And I love the way the merino singles look. Keep up the awesome work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great accomplishments in less than two weeks into the new year. Hope you'll find time to keep them up after school starts. Life gets in the way sometimes ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!