You may remember my dismay when I ran out of the yarn I was using for the pair of gloves I've been knitting for Mr. Engineering. At the time I assumed that I would be able to buy more from Webs upon returning to college. Unfortunately, by the time I got to Webs that yarn had gone on close out and was all sold! I thought about ordering some from an online site, but getting the same colorway and dye lot turns out to be fairly difficult. In the end I decided to be thrifty and use the closest scrap yarn that I had on hand...
I would like to be optimistic and say that it is difficult to tell, but that just isn't true. Also, they look way better when worn.
A note on the yarn, Ella Rae Classic Solids: I really enjoyed working with this yarn, I actually vastly prefer it to Cascade 220. It had a great feel and texture to it, it was processed very well.
I'm not entirely happy with how this project turned out, as I mentioned last post, I put a lot of thought into projects for the people I knit for. But what counts in the end is that they keep his hands warm in the moments when I am not there. I'll be sending these off to him tomorrow!