28 February 2012

Spring and Summer Knits

I don't usually follow designer trends in knitting or otherwise, but for the last two years I've been obsessed with spring and summer knitting designs.  I throughly enjoy 'oooing' and 'ahhing' over them all.  Somehow I get so excited about these designs, but I rarely end up knitting them.  I'm determined that will change this year.

My Buttercup is one of my favorite summer tops, I get excited every time I put it on:


Today I finally got my copy of Vogue Knitting Spring/Summer 2012 and I'm really excited about a couple of the projects, so much so that I am already practically buying the yarn for them.  Conveniently, I have to run over to Webs as a favor for Lisa anyway (note how she gave me the perfect excuse to go buy yarn, that's what good friends are for!).

The designs that have certainly caught my eye are:
Lace Top - Image from Vogue Knitting, Spring/Summer 2012 issue. 

Lacy Vest - Image from Vogue Knitting, Spring/Summer 2012 issue. 

Textured Cardigan - Image from Vogue Knitting, Spring/Summer 2012 issue. 

I also want any excuse I can find to knit with one of my absolute favorite yarns: Elsebeth Lavold Hempathy, which is the perfect mixture of Cotton, Hemp, and Rayon. 

The one downside to a new season of spring knits?  I don't feel like finishing my sweaters! 

Any pretty spring or summer knits catch your eye?  Please share!

9 comments:

  1. My mind is slowly turning to spring/summer knits but I'm not quite there yet. I MUST finish my wintery knits first ... and so MUST you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I broke down and bought a copy of KnitScene last week, and I definitely want to start subscribing to that one when I get more money. Some of my favorites were:

    Serberg Sweater
    Averill Vest
    Flying Buttress Tank .
    That whole magazine was loaded with patterns I want to make, but sadly that means breaking my stash attack goals...hmmm.
    Anyways, I'm glad I'm a 'good' influence on you to buy yarn, I wish I had a bigger store like that close by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I'm not usually big into warm-weather knits, but those projects are so tempting! Your Buttercup is gorgeous, and I LOVE the Lacy Vest pattern. Very excited to see what you choose to knit up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't feel like finishing anything I have going. I just want to start, start, start! And I have the list to go to, so it's very tempting. But I will try to be loyal and clear the current before casting on new. Love the buttercup!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the look of s/s knits, but I never make any... This probably has something to do with me not liking cotton/linen and not having the patience to make garments in fine yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Buttercup top looks great. I'm not sure I could pull it off myself, but maybe I could make it for somebody else.
    Hmm. I don't seem to have much Springlike stuff in my queue. It's a bit old, but maybe Simplicity Cardigan?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your green Buttercup is just beautiful. It's funny, I was just looking at an old copy of Vogue knitting a couple days ago and drooling over a kimono sweater. I'm not quite brave enough to try it yet.

    That lace top is beautiful, I vote for that one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are all gorgeous, but your Buttercup is the best. So pretty.
    But I am wildly jealous that you get to "run over to Webs." What a dream!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can see why that sweater makes you so excited! It's lovely!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!