I had been having to knit away on this project in absolute secrecy because it was a test knit for the super amazing Evelyn of Project: Stash. Let me tell you, it was difficult having to keep this project a secret because I enjoyed every second of it. Also, I learned that knitting an awesome project gets even better when knitting to help a friend.
Here it is, the Miranda Hat:
This was a super quick knit for me, partially because I enjoyed it so much and partially due to the simple construction. The pattern is very easy to follow (I would recommend it to beginners ready to leap into the world of decreases, circulars, and dpns) and the stitch pattern can be memorized quickly.
I used left over Cascade 220 Superwash from the colorwork sweater of doom. I really love this yarn, it comes in so many great colors, is superwash, and knits up so nicely! So, I was able to have the satisfaction of using up scraps as well!
Evelyn was kind enough to make the Miranda Hat a free pattern, but in addition, she has also organized a charity KAL to go along with it! I will be proudly participating (you can find me and others on the corresponding Ravelry group). To reward those knitting for an excellent cause (providing people with warm hats), there will also be prizes!
I would like to commit to knitting at least four additional hats for this cause (see my progress in the side bar) and I hope that you will join us in what will be a fantastic KAL!
Also a note to Blogger users, I recently discovered why my photos have been uploading all grainy looking lately. Apparently, a lot of the time (although not all the time) Blogger will really, really compress images uploaded. One way around this is to upload them on Picasa Web Albums then access them through the upload menu in the post editor.