25 June 2012

The lovely Miranda Hat

I had been having to knit away on this project in absolute secrecy because it was a test knit for the super amazing Evelyn of Project: Stash.  Let me tell you, it was difficult having to keep this project a secret because I enjoyed every second of it.  Also, I learned that knitting an awesome project gets even better when knitting to help a friend.

Here it is, the Miranda Hat:


This was a super quick knit for me, partially because I enjoyed it so much and partially due to the simple construction.  The pattern is very easy to follow (I would recommend it to beginners ready to leap into the world of decreases, circulars, and dpns) and the stitch pattern can be memorized quickly.


I used left over Cascade 220 Superwash from the colorwork sweater of doom.  I really love this yarn, it comes in so many great colors, is superwash, and knits up so nicely!  So, I was able to have the satisfaction of using up scraps as well!

Evelyn was kind enough to make the Miranda Hat a free pattern, but in addition, she has also organized a charity KAL to go along with it!  I will be proudly participating (you can find me and others on the corresponding Ravelry group).  To reward those knitting for an excellent cause (providing people with warm hats), there will also be prizes!

I would like to commit to knitting at least four additional hats for this cause (see my progress in the side bar) and I hope that you will join us in what will be a fantastic KAL!

Also a note to Blogger users, I recently discovered why my photos have been uploading all grainy looking lately.  Apparently, a lot of the time (although not all the time) Blogger will really, really compress images uploaded. One way around this is to upload them on Picasa Web Albums then access them through the upload menu in the post editor.

18 comments:

  1. What a sweet hat. I like the movement created by the diamonds/squares in the pattern. And what a terrific cause. Helping others in anyway is such a precious gift. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the colour!!!
    I pop all my photos in flickr and then grab the html code from there to insert into my post. Seems to do the trick :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your version of the Miranda hat. I'll try to knit at least one for the charity KAL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, you already know how I feel about your place on the Project: Stash team! I love this color so, so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your encouragement about focusing on the positive, the things I did accomplish! Appreciate that. Awesome hat, wonderful blue! Charity knitting, awesome...but then you knew I felt that way. I've not used DP's yet, love circulars though and have made many hats with a 16 and still been able to do the decreases at the end...think that would work with this pattern? Or are there sufficient decreases that you would really need the DP's?

    ReplyDelete
  6. great hat, may just have a go at that. I always upload from Picasa, seems to work for me

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like all the colors that are in the yarn. It almost looks iridescent in the second photo.

    As for resizing, I personally resize all my photos in photoshop before uploading them. It cuts down on loading time for people and doesn't give blogger a chance to mess with my images.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful hat. I can't believe it's Cascade--when I first looked at your picture, I'd assumed the yarn was hand spun. I'm a big fan of Cascade yarns, though, and will have to look for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the hat. I want to join the KAL, but I don't know if I have time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful hat! It's so hard to keep secret knitting a secret, isn't it? I'm definitely considering joining the KAL: what a great cause!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really must knit some of these!! Yours looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely hat! It's a gorgeous colour. How about some modeled shots? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Since hat knitting is something I just learned, I might give this pattern a go! I looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's such a lovely colour and beautiful detail.

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a great hat! It looks lovely in that colour.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!