That drive to learn more was definitely what made me want to learn how to spin, it was just a natural progression from knitting.
In fact, in an effort to improve our skill sets, Lisa and I each made a list Fiber Goals for 2012 back in January. I suppose it has been a while since I have posted about them, so here is an update (for more information, see the Fiber Goals for 2012 tab above). Bold type indicates a goal in progress.
- Knit a pair of CookieA socks
- Complete a colorwork sweater
- Complete an entrelac project
- Knit a tea pot cosy
- Conquer fear of short rows
- Knit a decent looking toy
- Try knitting with a new type of fiber
- Learn to spin on a different type of spindle
- Learn to Navajo ply
- Learn to shear a sheep
- Design a pattern and publish
- Make three knitting/dyeing/spinning tutorials for blog
I've been moving a little slowly on these goals lately, but this summer I'll have a lot more time to focus on them. I even have a list in the works for next year, which includes learning how to crochet. I know that lists don't work for everyone, but they certainly help me to get things done!