19 March 2012

Spring break knitting!

Sorry in advance for the crappy photo quality and general rushed quality of my posts for this week.  I'm currently on spring break and galavanting around with some of my family. 

I've really been focusing on my Beatnik recently.  This may mean that I am a glutton for punishment, ie. one sweater horribly failed, no problem, start working on two more.  


I'm really enjoying this project a lot, even though it is working up very slowly.  These are some serious cables here and I forgot how long it takes to get length worked up on a project like this.  Pictured here is the back of the sweater (almost done) and part of the first sleeve, which I am working in seed stitch along with the pattern. 

I have also been reminded how much I love knitting with Plymouth Yarn Worsted Merino Superwash.  It has such a great texture to it and that lovely merino smell that I'm so fond of. 

I'm definitely going to take my time on this project and savior it.

19 comments:

  1. I agree with Erin, it looks beautiful! I bet this will be such a joy to wear when it's done. I may have to look into getting that yarn if you like it so much. I wish my LYS sold more of your favorite yarns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks stunning already. I deffo need to cast on Beatnik too, this cable pattern is brilliant.
    I cannot wait to see how you progress

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sweater is going to be so stretchy even though it's cabled all over. That Plymouth Merino Superwash can handle a beating too! I'm sure you and the sweater will be very happy together when you finish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is going to be seriously cute. I love that sweater. ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those cables!
    Spring break... The kids just had their winter break here ;) It's still a couple of months before we can call it spring here...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the cables, and the color of the sweater is fantastic! Great job, can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your Spring Break- hope you find time for lots of knitting and all the things that bring you joy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. it's looking really nice! Can't wait to see it finished. I'm a chicken, I've not tried cables yet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not only have you cast on another sweater but one with all those cables, no less! You are amazing. I've never knit with Plymouth Yarn Worsted Merino -- thanks for the recommendation. Oh, and happy spring break knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I looked at the pattern on Ravelry my first thought was, "That looks hard!" You're so fearless when it comes to knitting. Hope you enjoy your spring break.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's looking great. It looks so smoothy and warm with the cables and that yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  12. As always, I love you color choice.
    Enjoy your spring break!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your sweater is going so well! The yarn is gorgeous, and, being a Norah Gaughan pattern, it must be magical to knit. Can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow, your sweater is looking amazing! I'm loving all those cables. Have a great spring break!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love those cables...and the color is perfect. Just perfect. Take your time :-) We'll be here waiting for an update on this. Enjoy the break. Is during this time of the year that I wish I could go back to collage.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I tried a little bit of cables but haven't fully dived into a cabled project. That is next on the list of fearless knitting for me. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous cables! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!