03 March 2012

Alpaca Handspun

I'm finally finished with some more alpaca handspun!  I love the colors of undyed alpaca, they are all so natural and soothing.

Thanks for all of your generous feedback on what the yarn should become, I've decided on some nice alpaca mitts!  It will be a colorwork project of some kind (once you become addicted you cannot go back) and I'll likely write the pattern myself because I 've been working on one that would fit this yarn.


Spun: February 2012
Fiber: Alpaca by Alpacas of Wildcat Hollow (100% undyed alpaca)
Spindle: Schacht 3" Hi-Lo drop spindle (2.2 oz.)
Other Information: 1 skein, 2-ply, ~200 yards, 4 oz., DK weight.


I have really enjoyed spinning this yarn as always, because I love alpaca and in particular love the fiber from the lovely couple of Alpacas of Wildcat Hollow.

In retrospect I wish that I had made this 3-ply, but then if I had I wouldn't have been able to combine it in a project with the last batch of alpaca I spun.

Also, I wanted to thank all of you who are being so supportive over my sweater woes.  I just have no patience for poorly written patterns, but I think that I can work around those problems and have a pretty sweater to show for it!

9 comments:

  1. They will be beautiful mittens! I look forward to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful rustic color yarn. These mittens will be amazing. Can't wait to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gee Ivy, you make me feel so lazy sometimes because you have so much going on and you still manage to get spinning and knitting done, do you just not sleep? Haha
    Anyways, this yarn is beautiful and looks absolutely perfect! I can't believe how good you have gotten at spinning, it's your calling :) I can't wait to see the pattern you come up with for your mittens!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That yarn looks beautiful and I bet it will knit up into some fabulous mittens!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a lovely shade of brown..:)
    I have a spinning wheel but I haven't learnt to spin yet it on my todo list.
    I love your green ButterCup top thats on my to do list as well. I got the same yarn from Yarn.com when they had a close out sale it was so cheap because the OZ $ is so high at the moment so I have been buying yarn on line from the Yarn.com
    Thanks for your comment on my cardigan...:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so warm and cozy. Can't wait to see the finished mittens.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your alpaca is spun up so beautifully! I can definitely say it's going to make a nice, warm pair of mitts! I love the color too. I tend towards the more natural colors especially for sweaters. Of course, with socks, anything goes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely lovely, as always! Looking forward to seeing the mitts! :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!