07 March 2012

Work-in-progress Wednesday - #2

I've really been focusing on my colorwork sweater for the last few weeks and because of that I'm nearing the end:

Is it looking pretty good so far, but as always when it comes to larger garments, I'm a little worried about the fit.  All I have have left to knit is the last of the back and the neckline, then I need to block it and seam!  Let me say that I am really looking forward to getting to wear this sweater!

I've also started another spinning project with some crappy roving (I don't even remember where I got it from) that I've been putting off spinning.  I've been spinning it haphazardly just for fun and it's working for me even though the merino is really not processed well.

I'm really enjoying the knitting process right now, probably because everything else in my life is moving a little too quickly!

Be sure to check out other WIP's and share your own at Tami's blog!

19 comments:

  1. You knit way too fast! I can't believe you find that much time, but I'm really glad you do. Too bad that merino is so crappy, because the yarn would be pretty otherwise. I really can't wait to see that sweater finished, I think it will be your best one yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What progress you've made on that sweater! It looks great!

    As a non-spinner, can you explain to me what makes the roving not good for spinning?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Schmoly - that sweater is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That's pretty much all I can say about the sweater. Can't wait to see it all come together. Fingers crossed for you on the fit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the details on your WIP, wonderful work.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, the sweater is looking amazing, I can't believe how close it is to nearly being finished!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sweater is blowing my mind!!! I'm still way (WAY) too chicken to try any colorwork even remotely close to that. :p

    Anyway, the sweater is stunning--I don't blame you for being eager to wear it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely, lovely colourwork. My fingers and toes are firmly crossed hoping that you're happy with the fit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your sweater is gorgeous! I love the colors. My fingers are crossed that it will be a perfect fit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cardigan is such a beauty and you've knitted it with perfect tension. I'm looking forward to seeing you IN it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The sweater looks fantastic! You'regetting through it really fast - I hope I'll be able to do one half as fast, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness, that sweater is jaw-droppingly amazing!! I'm so looking forward to seeing it finished! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your sweater is absolutely jaw dropping beautiful! The back of your work looks so neat as well.

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's going to be a beautiful sweater. Love your colourwork!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your colorwork is amazing. I really love working on fair isle but nothing has caught my eye recently. Also, I have to many WIPs but it's in queue.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, it's amazing! Absolutely pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, you knitting that sweater so fast! I can't believe how close you are to being finished. Well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the colour work sweater. You obviously have more patience than me. It looks great, and like so much work!

    Well done.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!