05 March 2012

When stressed, go to LYS

When I get stressed out, usually halfway through the semester, I often find my way to a yarn store.  I jokingly describe it being like a defense mechanism where when I reach my stress threshold I black out and when I come to I find myself at Webs with a basket full of yarn.

Today I felt this overwhelming desire to escape campus and decided to make a quick trip over to Webs.  While there I thoroughly enjoyed looking at all the new yarn and squeezing the yummiest merino I could find.  I also found some yarns that I would really like to use on some future projects.

Malabrigo Worsted (soon...soon...)

An old favorite: Rowan Felted Tweed 

I ended up buying some yarn too:

Here's some beautiful Manos del Uruguay for Lisa, just wait and see what she has planned for it! 

And for myself, some Hempathy, one of my all time favorite yarns to be used for the Vogue Lacy Vest I mentioned the other day

Exploring LYS can be such a fun thing to do, I never know what I will find!  I also feel much more relaxed afterwords and even get a little creative boost!


15 comments:

  1. Oh, I know how that feels. You made great choices; I can't wait to see how that vest turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your LYS looks great! There's one near me I still need to explore, but I'm making myself destash a bit first :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, look at all that Malabrigo - yum!!!!
    Won't the pumpkin colour look great with your hair! (I'm assuming it is actually the colour of your profile pic?!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay new yarns. I wish my LYS had as much as webs, but I still like to explore it when I can. Thanks again for the yarn, can't wait to start that project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree .. visiting my LYS always makes me feel better. I get to enjoy discovering new yarns, adding some beauties to my stash, and feel good about supporting my local shopkeepers. And then there's the knitting.... : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Each time I see some Manos de Uruguay, I am tempted... to go to a LYS and buy some! I guess I'm waiting for the perfect project! How could you not feel better after such a sweet escapade!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so fortunate to live near Webs! I have bought yarn from them at the last two Stitches West and shop at their online store, too. Nice selection and great prices. Love the colors in that Manos.

    I can totally relate to what you are saying about going to your LYS for stress-relief.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you are feeling less stressed. So much yarn, but also so many great things yet to be knit. A perfect combination.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like an excellent destressing idea to me! I wish I had a decent LYS near me (mine has 2 racks of 100% acrylic DK, 1 rack of acrylic chunky and 5 racks of novelty yarn and no needles or notions... it's not a destressing type of place!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Truly, there's nothing like a visit to the LYS (and I'm so jealous yours is Webs...) to lift your spirits. For me it's the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you're right. I think I have been missing walking around the LYS, taking in the smells, the colours and the relaxing atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't wait to get into some new LYS once I move to AZ. . . It's a strange sense of adventure and discovery there!
    I'm not too sure it's going to be a de-stressor for me, as I can't buy much probably for a good long time--and that's more akin to torture. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm incredibly envious you live near enough to WEBS to go there. I always splurge at their booth during Stitches Midwest. If I had full access, I might never have any money.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, come on now, you're killing me. Every single one of those are on my list of my favorites...and always with the bragging about being able to go to Webs. The cruelty! (but thanks for sharing!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yum. I love that Manos. I've been on the lookout for some of that around here lately, but haven't found any that I love. I made a neckwarmer with some a few years ago that I absolutely love, and I get more compliments on it than just about any other thing I've ever made. It's all in the colors of the yarn!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!