09 March 2012

Sweater addition!

I'm free and willing to admit it.  I'm addicted to knitting sweaters, they are just so much fun to construct and then you have a new, substantial article of clothing when you are finished.

I was hoping to have the colorwork sweater finished in time for today, but with midterm exams and other crazy life events, that just didn't happen.  I should be able to finish it up over the weekend considering I only have to finish knitting a few more inches of the border, and then seam and block it!

I don't think that I have ever been this excited about a sweater before!

On the topic of sweaters, my mother received her sweater a few days ago and sent me a picture of her wearing it:

Doesn't she look warm and happy?  I'm just relieved that it fits and that she likes it.

Happy friday everyone, I hope you have a great weekend!

14 comments:

  1. I love knitting sweaters too. Yours looks great! I'm jealous that your mom would actually wear one of your sweaters! {Mine wouldn't}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! I love making sweaters too, though when I did an inventory I noticed I had a few too many (my mother-in-law makes me an Aran jumper every 2 years I think). Now I'm looking at spring/summer type jumpers. I love all the patterns out there. Your Mom looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sweater looks so cool, even better than I imaged from the WIP picture before. No wonder your mom is pleased!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my goals is to start making more full sized garments, they're so satisfying when they're finished, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome smile! I think she loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to the dark side.... mwahaha. The sweater looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that's a nice sweater. Here I am getting into knitting clothes and sweater season is ending. Then again it may take me until fall to get my sweater vest done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your mom looks very pleased with her sweater! Can't wait to see more of your colorwork sweater. It's such a nice design and you've done a fantastic job on it already.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have yet to knit a sweater. . . but I may have downloaded several sweater patterns yesterday while waiting for midnight to roll around.
    Let's see how quickly I get to working on those (hmm, looks like I'll need more yarn!) :D

    Your mom's sweater looks wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hee. Your mom is so cute, all smiles.
    I understand about just running out of time on finishing up a sweater; same thing happened to me this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am slowly getting addicted to sweaters to, or at least 'cardigan' type ones! I can't wait to start the one with the yarn you sent me. Anyways your mom looks so happy in the sweater you made her, isn't that a great feeling?

    ReplyDelete
  12. The sweater looks great! I always have a tough time with sweaters but I hope once I get better at it I'll love knitting them too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gah, the color of your mom's sweater is just gorgeous. Your mom does indeed look warm and lovely, and proud!
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Your mom's sweater looks amazing! And she does look so happy in it. The color is awesome on her!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!